Pay: £120 – £220 per day, full-time
Enlighten Supply Pool are currently working with a SEN School in Slough that are looking for experienced Special Educational Needs Teachers to join their team in this exciting stage of the Schools expansion.
The Special Needs School caters to students aged between 2 – 19 with a variety of complex needs. This SEN Teaching position is to specifically support students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
As a PMLD Teacher it will be expected that you have experience with providing differentiated engaging lessons in accordance to the needs of the students you work with. This includes being creative in your approach to teaching SEN students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
The ideal Teacher of PMLD will enjoy working with students in small groups to maximise their ability in achieving their potential across all areas of learning and development.
The successful PMLD Teacher should be knowledgeable in supporting students with a variety of complex needs. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, line managing SEN Teaching Assistants and liaising with Therapists too.
Your position as a PMLD Teacher will be immensely rewarding and your duties will consist of:
- Constructing lesson plans in accordance to the varied needs of the pupils
- Establishing class routines to engage with pupils
- Liaising with parents and outside professionals about pupil’s progress
- Evaluating pupil progress, writing reports
- Monitoring pupil’s learning and development
- Creating Support Plans and collaborating with other professionals on EHC Plans
To be considered for this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Ability to create and implement lesson plans
- Experience working with children who have Autism and challenging behaviours
- Possess a Bachelor of Education/PGCE or equivalent degree with QTS
- Current, valid Adults and Child DBS (update service)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Apply Safeguarding, Child Protection, Health and Safety and Behaviour policies effectively
- Be caring, with a positive attitude and friendly approach
- Adjust and adapt to various situations quickly
- Be able to implement strategies and interventions of support within the classroom
Salary and Benefits
• 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Education Consultants
• Exposure and networking opportunities with associated schools
Teaching students with Special Educational Needs that have PMLD is an exciting but challenging role for passionate SEN Teachers wanting to actively make a positive impact to the lives of the students they support.